Knowledge Management will become more, not less, important in the future. Companies must begin the process now. But how? Here are a few suggestions:
- Understand that this is a process and not a specific event. You will not get it right the first time; but no one ever does. So, just begin. That is 90% of the battle.
- Make sure there is support from the top. This will give the energy and motivation to create a system. Importantly, it will send signals to employees about the importance of sharing their knowledge.
- Speak with your business peers and learn from them. Hopefully, they will share their knowledge, so you can avoid their mistakes. (this is one of the goals of the 2019 Confidence & Clarity Survey – Share Your knowledge today)
- Identify one person in each functional area who will assist in the process and be an advocate to his/her department.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you are stuck and share your progress along the way.
Be sure to check out these related blog posts on How to Create a System to Encourage Information Sharing in Businesses and 11 Benefits of Knowledge Sharing in the Workplace.
Need help moving your knowledge management process forward? Let’s solve it together.